Do you struggle to focus your attention during Mass?
Does Mass sometimes become boring and routine?
Do you grow spiritually at each Mass or does it seem stale?
The profound wisdom found in Meditations Before Mass will help you to quiet your soul, concentrate your mind, and grow more receptive to God’s grace in the Holy Mass.
Written for ordinary Catholics who are struggling to become closer to Christ, this classic book by Romano Guardini is full of wisdom and offers practical, straightforward advice that will help you overcome distractions and restlessness while leading you into a more enriching experience when you enter into Holy Communion with God.
Over fifty years ago, Msgr. Romano Guardini resolved to help his parishioners move beyond petty hindrances — to which we are all prone — to full participation in the Mass. Just before Mass each Sunday, he gave a brief talk on some aspect of the Mass, teaching his congregation week by week, topic by topic, how to prepare themselves to participate more prayerfully.
So helpful were these talks that they were soon published and have since been reprinted countless times in numerous countries and languages, helping generations of Catholics to deepen their devotion during Mass.
In these pages, you’ll discover:
- What to do when Mass becomes boring and “routine”
- How to achieve a genuine — not superficial — stillness
- The one indispensable element for living a liturgical life
- How to gain control over your wandering attention
- One tendency we must overcome when listening to Scripture readings
- The real meaning of “keeping holy” the Sabbath — and its special importance for the family
- The importance of listening, and the inner barriers that prevent it
- Why it’s good to arrive early at Mass whenever possible
- The true significance of standing and kneeling in church
- And dozens of other practical ways to enrich your worship
Meditations Before Mass by Msgr. Romano Guardini List Price: $12.95 – 208 pages
Order online HERE