Job Brief – Maintenance
We are looking for 2 reliable Maintenance people to undertake upkeep and repair tasks in the interior and exterior of our parish communities. We will rely on you for the upkeep our facilities by doing various a variety of tasks. The two part-time positions will work 20 hours at the Church of St. Mary at Clinton Heights and The Parish of St. John the Evangelist/St. Joseph will be 18 hours per week and you will report to the Pastoral Associate of Operations. For a more detailed description please look at the Church of St. Mary and St. John/St. Joseph websites. Inquiries by 11/28, please contact Ben Patten (518) 391-0086 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deft hands and technical knowledge are important parts of a maintenance person’s arsenal. You must be well-organized with strong general repair skills. A keen eye for detail and physical stamina are valued greatly in this job.
- Perform maintenance and light repairs.
- Paint and fill gaps or crevices (on walls, sidewalks etc.)
- Undertake light installation or carpentry.
- Repair equipment or appliances.
- Assess the need and assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs.
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks.
- Identify and report the need for major repairs.
- Maintain and plan year inspections (fire extinguishers, alarm systems, clocks, outdoor lights, sprinkler system, boiler, etc.)
- Seasonal Tasks: Maintain Lawns, Sidewalks and Parking Lots (including weeding and leaves)
- Coordinate Spring and Fall Clean-up days
- Reports to: Pastoral Associate – Operations
Requirements and skills
- Prior experience as a maintenance person is helpful.
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment.
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems.
- Basic math skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Well-organized and able to problem-solve.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone and take direction.