August 11, 2020
Roof Work Mass Changes
Mass on Saturday, August 15th @ 10:00am – Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary will be at St. John the Evangelist/St. Joseph. You do not need to register for this Mass. This Mass will not be live-streamed.
The Sunday, August 16th @ 10:00am Mass will also be held at St. John the Evangelist/St. Joseph. You will still need to use the link below to register for this Mass. This Mass will be live-streamed.
Communion will still be distributed in the Church of St. Mary parking lot from 11:30am – 12:15pm.
With social distancing and the percentage of 25%, we will be limited to 70 people. This number includes the priest, deacon, cantor and accompaniment, and camera operator. The Mass will be livestreamed also. Using the link below, you MUST register every week to be eligible to come. Please be sure you have answered all the questions. The deadline for registering is Thursday at midnight. Please adhere to this deadline. Also, if you sign up for Mass, we ask that you attend. There are things that must be readied for the weekend and it makes it inconvenient if someone does not attend.
To remind you:
1. If you are in a vulnerable population, please stay home. The Bishop has dispensed us from the Sunday obligation for the time being.
2. Please come at least 15 – 20 minutes early to check in. You must wear a mask, answer the health survey, and a log will be kept with your name and phone number.
3. No congregating in the parking lot before or after Mass. If the meeting space outside church appears crowded when you arrive, please maintain social distancing, and wait. Follow the greeter’s directions.
4. Please follow the directions of the usher/greeter who will guide you to your seat…we will not have open seating. SOCIAL DISTANCING IS REQUIRED.
5. Communion will be at the end of Mass and you will exit at that point; please follow the directions of the usher/greeter.
6. We will strive to be as fair as possible on who can attend.
THE LINK TO REGISTER IS: https://forms.gle/YJ16Jr1BAzc7Kt7z5
or call the Parish Office at 518-449-2232.
The link will be open until Thursday at midnight. You will be contacted by e-mail or a phone call if you do not have e-mail on whether you can attend Mass this week. Please make sure you check your e-mail or voicemail on Friday.
FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN A VULNERABLE POPULATION OR ARE NOT ABLE TO BE THERE THIS WEEKEND:
• Please watch the livestreamed Mass @10:00am.
• Holy Communion will then be distributed from 11:30am – 12:15pm in the parking lot. Please drive in, follow the cones or directions, REMAIN in your cars. When reaching the Priest or Deacon, please put your car in park, receive Holy Communion and then leave. The Deacon and Father Tom will have masks on and will use hand sanitizer between each car.
As we begin to gather again in person for Mass and the Sacraments, remember that we were closed as a Church. We have prayed for and with each other, we have taken care of each other, the mission to the needy continues, our youth and families have continued to be formed in the faith, and we have continued to be Church. My prayer is that as we reopen, we reopen to a more vibrant and alive Church: a Church that models itself on the apostolic zeal and mission of the early church in the Acts of the Apostles. May the Spirit blow like a mighty wind in our community and through us change our world.
Here are two (2) very important documents:
• Reopening plan that was approved by the Diocese
• Reopening plan for our parish office